I've been slow in building this since I wanted it to be painted better than the models I've had so far and wasn't sure how to do that. Finally sat down with a friend and I'm really happy how it turned out. The base was made from torn up cork board.
There are 2 problems still.
1) The 2nd set of legs/arms (counting from the front) didn't need to be magnetized..but I already glued the magnets in the torso..couldn't get them out..so I decided to glue those arms directly to the magnets. A bit stupid..but can't be helped and you barely notice.
2) The angle of the crushing claws and the left (for the viewer) fleshborerhive should be a bit more outward similar to the right fleshborerhive. Thís I can improve fairly easy by breaking off the magnet and glueing it in place in a different angle, I already did that with the right arm and I'm glad I did. Will change it in the coming month or so. Until then, well it's tabletop ready.
As always, click on the image for a bigger view, click again to enlarge (on photo in new screen).
Tervigon number 1
(#2 is already in progress)!
Tervigon from the side
Tervigon from the back
It's a baby!
The photo shows a minor imperfection...looks like I forgot to wash (kind of paint)
a small part - the arm of the baby
With crushing claws
(see point 2, need to be re-positioned).
Here you can see how the left arm has a better position, the other is to close to the head.
No front-arms or head.
Btw the big fleshy womb is also removable so I can make the Tyrannofex.
The weapons for that one are still work in progress.
Labels: 40k, tervigon, tyranid