Monday, April 04, 2005

Noorderspel

It was a good day, 3rd of April. Organized the 40K tournament and had a busy time doing crisis management.
It all worked out with a total of 18 players (last year there were only 10).
There seemed to be more nurgle armies than standard marines :P
I only battled for fun (hey..I was organizing) after the preliminary rounds when some people had no games left to play. So it was nids against nids. The guy just threw 3 hits (in 3 turns) on his biovore frag mine. THAT HURTS! Although I managed to destroy his warriors with my own warriors and route his gaunts entirely...his Raveners finished me (3).
I also let a friend of mine have a go with my nids against a Tau army. I just told him what he could do and then let him take decisions where he wanted to go and what he wanted to assault.
He wiped out almost all of the Tau (1 warrior against 8 firewarriors...the firewarriors decided to act like cowards and run for it ..but got slaughtered). The only thing left was a darn devilfish that couldn't care less about bugs trying to jump up except one 'stunned' effect for one turn. In return it killed everything that could potentially take him down.

After the tournament...I gave prices to the winners (1 Nurgle, 2 Ksons). I decided to help out on cleaning the building up and go out to dinner with the organizing people. The tournament was done at about 5pm o clock and we started cleaning up at 5.30pm and went on till 8!!! Finally arriving at the restaurant at 8.45 pm. We could finally sit down for spareribs and other mexican food.

All in all : A great day, but I was tired as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home