Sunday, April 17, 2005

Victory

Just did a combat patrol against Marines (from Erwin of course).
3 leaping warriors, 15 hormagaunts + hive node, 7 genestealers
vs
9 marines (incl plasmagun, rocketlauncher) and 7 assaultmarines (incl powerweapon and Fcharge).

Not going to make a battlerep about it but: I won with 6 stealers remaining.
Special thing: 1 of my hormagaunts had to roll for his LD (which was taken down to 1 or 2) and he rolled double 1. It was a brave gaunt.
Rending claws did their work.

Painting: I painted some bases (edges black). I added a nice stone to the base of a leaping warrior and glued the leaping warrior on it. I also painted the last rending claws, which only need inking, and 2 layers of highlights. For the biomorphs I have decided to wait untill I see the codex.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Sounds pretty good.. Although WHY Assault marines...

Heh, go the remaining Stealers ^_^ And that brave lil gaunt (i thought he did a bad, but he did well). Go Rending Claws.. *nitter natters*

Glad to see you have done some painting ^_^ I only did a lil bit tonight *sigh*


-TAS

17 April 2005 at 22:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

because assault marines tend to be fast and they have a big chance to assault with their furious charge (S5 I5 isn't funny).
The thing he lacked was something to shoot at with the plasmapistol included :D

18 April 2005 at 09:07  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yeah... But at their cost, i wouldnt exactly call it cost effective to use Assault Marines against a Nid Horde. Hell, this is why id say use scouts. Sure no Furious Charge skill, but for the cost of one assault marine, you can get two scouts. Then again, i guess it depends on the style of army, if it was my DA Successor Army, its a "compulsory" requirement to field at least one scout squad, which i would do without hesitation. If it was my Wolves, ehh, probably be the blood claws.


-TAS

18 April 2005 at 14:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erwin does have a scout list. I don't know why he didn't use it.
It could be far more effective.

I've lost a couple of times against that one.
But as long as the fleet wins...let him choose assaultmarines :P

18 April 2005 at 17:01  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Meh, you yell at me for not posting anything in MY Blog :P



-TAS

4 May 2005 at 12:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...but I've got a good argument.
1 No webcam
2 We only have World of Warcraft till sunday (we're borrowing someone's account) so we're addicted hardcore!
(that is me and Erwin).
3 I did paint...maybe I should post something
4 We did have a full weekend of 40K, could say something about it on my blog, I did post on TF though
5 Did I mention we have no webcam :S, and forgot to ask someone to bring theirs last weekend.

6 Ok I don't got any good reasons, but WoW addiction is a big one though.

6 May 2005 at 10:47  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

So in the end, your argument really is:

1) You had no webca and
2) you've been cranking up the WoW

Oh well..

-TAS

7 May 2005 at 16:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home