Saturday, March 30, 2013

Youtube saturday 30th of March 2013

A very full YTS this week, but worth it. And I coul

Device - You think you know
First track on their to be released album (nót the first single). Loving it.


Ponamero sundown - Curtain call
Like the rough sound of stoner-rock.



Drowning pool - Anytime anywhere
From their new album Resilience. I miss a bit of an edge to the track, but I like it anyway.



Device - Penance
It's a bit of a metal-week I guess. Some say Device = Disturbed,
 because of Drajman, but I think Device definately has their own metal-niche


MatZo and Porter Robinson - Easy
Some great electropop


Anne-Lie Persson - Give in
Local hero (that is, she's been living in NL for 20 years) with footage of my current home town Groningen



Safi and Spreej - Voor u
Belgian rappers. I really like their sound.


Weld 15 -  بوليسية كلاب
I don't know éxactly what they're rapping about, but as far as I know (read) the producers were arrested and at least one of the rappers has fled because the track critized/ the Tunesian police 
accused them of extreme violence and apparently the new government also doesn't take kindly to all too much criticism (and threats as far as I can make out). Spring is no summer yet.



Moving in lines - Union street sessions
Tipped by Josie Charlwood. Probably easier to most peoples ears.


Will Varley - King for a king
Lessons on life. A critical view on our circle of life.


Matatizo - Just a band
From Kenya. Something completely different.


Steve Reich - Electric counterpoint
incl some remixes by dj's featured on 22tracks.com. I liked MPS Pilot's version best.
There's a great 'festival' in Amsterdam from 3-7th of April which I might have attended in part if I lived in Amsterdam  http://wmmf.muziekgebouw.nl where Reich and other great artists.



Subscribe to: Youtube saturday spotify list - the above will be added this weekend if I can find them, and I'll try again later (Both Drowning Pool's and Device's album hasn't been released yet).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home