Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mixed feelings

Rome
Got back from Rome yesterday and the ending of a holidays always brings mixed feelings. Rome was ábsolutely totally fucking awesome (I'll do a photo post later this week) and thankfully my sprained ankle (only 2 weeks before I left for Rome) had cured enough not to need crutches, cause Rome is no (no offence) place for handicapt people..the touristic places are almost inaccessible for them.
But it was tiring, after 7 days in Rome my legs really could use some rest. I think I can honestly say I've never walked as many kilometers in one week as last week, so going home was a breather for my legs and probably for my ankle (yes I'm a crybaby).

Home
But I came back in Groningen and my town is, especially in the summer holidays, almost like a ghosttown compared to Rome. I immediately missed the immense amounts of traffic and the people running around with 'head-turner women' a plenty. Next to that it was over 10 degrees celcius cooler than in Rome. Thankfully it stayed dry today and I already saw some women which showed me that not all beautiful women had gone on holidays to Rome ;)

Martial arts
In 'other' bad news today I heard my martial arts dojo decided to close for personal reasons. I won't go into these personal reasons, otherwise they wouldn't be personal. But in short..it sucks because I've trained there with great joy for the last 3 years. We'll see what the future holds..but it put a dark cloud over my day today.

40K
A last light note of mixed feelings: bought the 5th ed rulebook for warhammer 40K..I haven't read everything yet, but there are good and there are bad changes so even more mixed feelings.

A smile
Thankfully Debbie put a smile on my face when I picked up her postcard: From Russia with love ;) Thanks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Erwin said...

Hah, lol. At least you had a week of good weather and women. I've been stoked up inside my room for one and a half week now in the gruesomely grey weather that sets the Dutch juli apart from all others and the only women I've seen are the grannies that live down the street and the girls working at the supermarket. Not a fine sight, I tell ya.

Oh well, at least you got the 5th ed book in so we can get down to some test games, eh?

16 July 2008 at 20:20  
Blogger Arjan said...

yes TESTGAMES!!! Really gotta dust off my models..even the unpainted ones..

16 July 2008 at 23:46  
Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hi Arjan
I was hoping to see pics of rome.
In which martial arts you are getted trained ?
Now a days I am learning Taekwondo.
I have added you.pls watch this video created by a friend from Malaysia
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRnk-kiCmdo

17 July 2008 at 09:39  
Blogger Arjan said...

the pics of Rome are certainly coming up! But for a first in over a year I've got posts WAITING to be published haha.

@ martial arts: ninjitsu. Taekwondo is also very cool!
I'll add you too. And the vid: a well deserved tribute Deepak!

17 July 2008 at 12:54  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

yeaaa! from russia with love! lol!

22 July 2008 at 22:46  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

i got your postcard!! yay! thanks *hugs*

haha i guess you know how badly i need to get laid :P

23 July 2008 at 16:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home