Saturday, November 01, 2008

Jurassic Park and a Ravener *edit*

****************
EDIT 5-11-08: Michael Chrichton passed away (66 yrs old) on tuesday. He died after a short battle against cancer. RIP
****************

Inspired by Lee I decided to take some pics of the Jurassic Park models me and my brother still have at my parents place.I couldn't find all of them as quickly as I wanted so I only took these for now. Maybe I'll dive into the old toys storage later this year (christmas holidays for sure). Because we also got the stegosaurus, dilophosaurus, the velociraptor, a small and a big pteranodon, Robert Muldoon, Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler..oh and a 2nd one of the big t-rex haha. And we should have the 'wounds' laying around somewhere.

JP Triceratops

JP small t-rex

JP Big T-rex

JP Big T-rex front

JP Big T-rex close-up

And because I've finished my Ravener and they (tyranids) are described as 'space dinosaurs' sometimes I thought it would fit in one post. I think I've become accustomed to the stumpy talons that I hated before. It looks fár more S4 (srenght blabla) than the old Ravener (it looked S5)

Ravener 4th voor

Ravener 4th voor2

Ravener 4th links2

Ravener 4th achter

Ravener 4th rechts

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raveners moeten kapot.
Met bolters.
En flamers.
En chainswords.

1 November 2008 at 15:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!
I've got the Triceratops too and a smaller version of the T-Rex (I think it was marketed as the baby but it's larger than all the others anyway!)
I've got a couple of the smaller ones and possibly a larger one in storage.

They are just the best replicas! As soon as we move I'll get some photos up.

2 November 2008 at 23:33  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

You going to convert all the JP Dinosaurs into Tyranids? ;)


Nice work on the Ravener! You've actually made it quite decent looking!!!

Breakdown of the conversion?

-eTAS

3 November 2008 at 08:46  
Blogger Arjan said...

@AM: no Ravener's should be a protected species who are allowed to occasionaly kill marines and rip apart tanks

@ Lee: yet another t-rex?? I should have got my hands on some batteries and put the growling and stomping sound of the big t-rex up ;)

@TAS: hmm jp-tyranids..I wonder if it would be possible to use the old cdr rules on them haha.
..breakdown..you mean the Ravener itself? or the suggested jp-tyranids....
Because the Ravener's only 'conversion' is that it has genestealer rending claws and I had to stuff the tail because it fitted like...well not.
On the old ravener's I've always used the monstrous creature rending claws because they looked cool, but on this ravener (*I didn't have any left*) they looked way too big.

3 November 2008 at 09:42  
Blogger Arjan said...

stuffed the tail with green stuff..

3 November 2008 at 09:44  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

I like the look of the current Ravener. For some reason i was never a big fan of seeing "over sized" claws on 'Nid models... Sure it may make sense to some people, but in terms of looks, i was never a fan.

But i do like this Ravener!


-eTAS

4 November 2008 at 08:44  
Blogger Maarten said...

Yeah! I still remember those pieces you can rip out. I never had those monsters :(

5 November 2008 at 03:20  
Blogger Arjan said...

a lost childhood then.
In the christmas holidays I might scan some old pics we made where we build Jurassic parks from cartboard eggboxes..ah the times.

for anyone who hasn't checked the edit..I read today that Michael Chrichton has died of cancer, he was 66 yrs old. rip.

6 November 2008 at 11:17  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yeah i heard about his passing as well. Which is odd, because i never heard he had cancer to begin with. Then again, regardless of social status in the world, one doesn't need to make such details publically aware.


-eTAS

7 November 2008 at 17:17  
Blogger Helen said...

I actually volunteered for a paleontologist (cleaning/reconstructing/preparing fossils) for almsot a eyar before someone convinced me to watch Jurassic Park. Sad about MC though, I used to love his books!

24 November 2008 at 08:57  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ TAS: very true.
@ Helen: very cool! I wanted to be an archeologist searching for dino bones when I was a kid. I knew tons of names by heart..and my mother probably got traumatized 'having' to learn them too haha.

24 November 2008 at 09:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home