Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Fringe (premiere)


I saw the 2 hour (1u 20 min) premiere of The Fringe yesterday (it got leaked) and my hopes were high. JJ Abrams (Lost, Alias) was working on it, Lance Reddick would run around, and he rocked in The Wire.

But to be completely honest, I was a bit disappointed. Sure, it began scary enough with almost supernatural stuff happening in a plain throwing up a big pile of questions. But the most part of the acting wasn't all that good. Next to that there are some things that just started to ..annoy me. The main character, Olivia is a female fbi agent and sure she looks good, but everywhere she goes there's someone who calls her honey/sweetheart or whatever and then she's of course proving herself to be tough enough for the job. It's a bit overdone. Next to that there are some things in the story itself which swith around too fast or are a bit too farfetched, but you'll have to check that out for yourself or I'll spoil it.

That said, I can't nót like Reddick so if only for him, I'll give Fringe a season to convince me; Kirk Avacedo (Alvarez in Oz) is also cool. Next to that I jumped in my seat when I heard a piece of the Lost score - Hollywood and Vines (around min 32), the music department sounds like Giacchino was put at work, and that's certainly a good thing. So I'll be waiting for more episodes before a final judgement call.

7 Comments:

Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

looks interesting. tho' i've been meaning to ask if you've seen Dennis P. yet? it's about a year old? i saw it last weekend and it was excellent.

30 August 2008 at 11:53  
Blogger Arjan said...

that's a movie? I'll put it on my list. I'll also take some time to search for stuff to send across the globe, haven't had much time for that lately, but this week shouldn't be a problem.

31 August 2008 at 12:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty interested in the series, after being let down by new X-Files I'm really interested to see where this goes.

1 September 2008 at 07:54  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ deb: is this the Dennis P(...) show? That was the only Dennis P mininova.org found for me...

1 September 2008 at 10:55  
Blogger Arjan said...

..clicking publish too fast

Lee - I'm also still curious where this goes, but I was just a bit disappointed about the mentioned points.

1 September 2008 at 10:56  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

uh... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450412/

that's it. i loved it :)

4 September 2008 at 17:14  
Blogger Arjan said...

Ah I see you've found your way too Dutch movies :D
Didn't even know it haha.
I'll try to find it.

4 September 2008 at 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home