Monday, September 01, 2008

My 'backyard': thanks neighbours..

Some people like to throw things out of their window down to the street or in their backyard. I live in a flat where such people live. On a regular basis you hear a loud bang when someone decides to throw a sofa off the balcony of whatever floor (there are 9) or even more fun, a cupboard because it breaks apart and the crème de la crème would be an old crt-monitor.

It's not that I have a problem with the fact that they throw it down, as long as you check that there's nobody walking around headbutting whatever's coming down. Hell, I helped throw down a sofa only yesterday. But wé went down and put it in the right place to be picked up by the garbage disposal service. Most people however dón't. They leave the stuff for the owners of the flat to clean up, and so we have to pay more and more for them each year. Thanks neighbours.

Wide view at the moment
Photobucket

Close-up one (cupboards, oven plates, whatever)
Photobucket

Close-up two (among other stuff, an imploded crt monitor)
Photobucket

17 Comments:

Blogger Maarten said...

If you throw enough out of your window you can walk down without taking the elevator or stairs :)

1 September 2008 at 23:06  
Blogger Arjan said...

hmm I'll have to to use this idea.

2 September 2008 at 14:31  
Blogger Maarten said...

Please tell when you've done it. I want to walk up to your appartment over a giant pile of crap :P

2 September 2008 at 23:18  
Blogger Erwin said...

Dude, crap? That's nasty.

Remember kids, always clean up your experiments... *snicker*

3 September 2008 at 08:26  
Blogger Arjan said...

I could just ask them to throw stuff down on the indicated place so I don't have to build it myself.

experiments...wtf..

3 September 2008 at 10:22  
Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hoi Arjan
Why dont you use Zoom lens???
I changed my Job Now i work in a FM radio station.
Good day

4 September 2008 at 13:00  
Blogger Arjan said...

I did, I could have zoomed in more, digitally. I have 18-55mm standard zoom lens. My dad has one that goes up to 300mm.

I'll check if I can get a nice close-up.
So it's Radio Deepak now? What kind of show?

4 September 2008 at 13:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

throwing stuff out the windows? you must live in a building filled with rock stars.

rock on arjan, rock on.

4 September 2008 at 16:16  
Blogger Arjan said...

well they do exhibit a lot of the same characteristics like alcoholism and idiotic behaviour..
And there's a guy with an electric guitar just below my appartment..other than that..I guess we're just wannabees.

thanks for visiting.

4 September 2008 at 16:28  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

while you're at it, can you throw my ex out too?

4 September 2008 at 17:17  
Blogger Arjan said...

the ozzie or another? For you? Of course.

4 September 2008 at 18:50  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm having flashbacks to my ten months living in the Bijlmer in 2001!!! They threw out TVs, furniture, rubbish bags, kids nappies, anything. It was just unbelievable. Every time we had to cycle beneath one of those monster flats we felt like we needed a helmet. I find this kind of behaviour really disturbing.

11 September 2008 at 14:50  
Blogger Arjan said...

I'm thankful that they only throw these kinds of things out of the flat on the gras-side of the flat..otherwise I would need a helmet too.

11 September 2008 at 14:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that stuff still there?

15 September 2008 at 10:06  
Blogger Arjan said...

nope, someone cleaned it up. Don't know who, but I guess nót the people who threw it down.
Instead we got a shoppingcart full of old paper turned upside down somewhere on the stairs..
That's been there for..4 days or so, I wonder if the cleaners..clean it up today, I wouldn't.

15 September 2008 at 10:25  
Blogger MC said...

See, I would have thought water balloons and melons would satisfy everyone.

23 September 2008 at 01:21  
Blogger Arjan said...

no, they only make splash sounds, people want to hear loud bangs.

23 September 2008 at 09:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home