Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hive Guards

Even more warhammer 40k. I know - it looks like I'm doing nothing but painting instead of trying to finish my study this year. I just took some photo's just now - that's all..really.

Hive Guard 1: the left arm wasn't long enough to reach the gun so I made a make-shift 3rd part on the arm. Not entirely happy, but not too unhappy with it either.
HIve Guard 1 left

Hive Guard 1

Hive Guard 2: the photo came out dark, fixed it a bit with some editing. The arm on this one was better, and just reaches the gun which almost looks like it fits so I left it at that - you can't see it on this photo anyways.
Hive Guard 2

Hive Guard 1 & 2: dark photo, but I'm to lazy to fix it or get a new one.
Hive Guard 1 and 2

These guys should make taking out vehicles a bit easier. #1 already scored a landspeeder and a half, a dreadnought a tank and an instakill on a captain :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkonbey said...

man, you love the creepy ones, don't you?

The red-to-black fade on the carapace is quite nice, but I find myself wanting some more and darker shading wash where two dissimilar things meeting (where the green muscles meet the skin, say.)

That said, I haven't done a 25mm in a VERY long time. I've got a couple of pounds of them I haven't painted. So, who am I to critique?

19 April 2011 at 01:56  
Blogger Arjan said...

I got 150 creeps in my cabinet (typing it..it sounds like I got monsters in a closet - well better than under my bed anyways)

Well, critique is always welcome, there's a reason why my first ever painted model differs from the models I paint now - because I changed up/tried other techniques or using washes at all.
I'll at least look into it, I'm not a fan of the Alien-slimy look so that road is closed :)

19 April 2011 at 09:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home