Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Xenology (xenos = aliens...translated freely)

Like I said..this warhammer 40k background book might be worth a post.
I bought the book yesterday (ordered it about a month ago) after it had been held up by customs. Well...a book about Xenos being held at customs kinda makes sense ;)
I paid 25€ for it and it's well worth every euro. It's very readable and has beautiful pics of all kinds of xenos stuff.

Xenology is a book which is actually a report of Inquisitor Sasham who is send to investigate Biegel 9. It turns out to be a research facility for Xenos. Inquisitor Ralei and his helpers have captured or have paid for the capture of at least a dozen different xenos. Among which an ork, tau etherial, kroot, Hrud, a squiddie (thyrrus warrior), an eldar, some nids (warrior, ripper, lictor) and some others. And finally there's something in cell 1 which isn't mentioned untill late in the book, but I won't spoil.
The book reads like a collection of written notes, letters and audio recorded notes from Sasham, Ralei and his helper Darvus. There are also some other letters of correspondence.

A great read..I don't think I'll be able to finish it before the week ends.
All in all: the best 40k book I've got. It gives good background info, even upto biological info which sounds all very realistic (they didn't make up implausible stuff).

7 Comments:

Blogger Erwin said...

READ IT AND FINISH IT BY THE END OF THE WEEK BOY! then I can start :P

At least take the white dwarf with you :P PLX!

21 June 2006 at 17:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will do..as far as the WD is concerned.

21 June 2006 at 18:26  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Heh, now THAT is a worthy update :P


I picked up Liber Necris (although i wanted it layby'd but oh well). Looks pretty interesting.

I was also pretty annoyed as the soft back version of Liber Chaotica is now out ($30 cheaper too). But oh well, at least i can say i HAVE the hardback version.


-TAS

21 June 2006 at 20:54  
Blogger Maarten said...

Pfff... I've got all the Harry Potter books in hardback version (H)

27 June 2006 at 09:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read em all..except the last one.

hmm I think I might be able to make an update with pics tomorrow.

27 June 2006 at 11:41  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

I dont ever intend to read Harry Pothead... Watching the prisoner of ass-thingie-ban-bam was bad enough...


-TAS

27 June 2006 at 13:14  
Blogger Erwin said...

lol, Xenology is good. I really liked the stuff about the qor'l (or was it q'orl?)
anyway It's nice to see some more about the "other" aliens in the 40k universe than just that littel itty bitty piece in the 3rd ed BBB.
-E

27 June 2006 at 15:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home