Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nids vs DA (tooled anti-nid)

Fighting an anti-you tooled army is always a bit of a certain death if your list isn't a powerplay list.

Me:
Flyrant (at 209)
2x3 leaping warriors (45 p warrior)
16 hormy's, 17 hormy's, 18 spinegaunts
10 stealers
2 Raveners
1 lictor
1 Carni with a strangler
2 Thropes with synapse & blast

Him:
1 Libby with Fear of the darkness? (the make a line d3 attacks thingie)
6 sq's with one heavy weapon each (lass, rocket, hbolters..those) and special weapons. 5 marines in size
3x 2 ravenwing speeders with ass canon + Hbolter.
2 whirlwinds
1 vindicator

--
Thankfully I got first turn. Running up was the only thing to do except taking a bit of cover where possible. My tyrant was shot down in turn 1. Well..that wasn't unexpected with all that rending! It was like charging 3 angry CC carnifexes at an Landraider.

My 2nd turn saw the lictor show his head ...and claws ripping off the weapon from 1 whirlwind. A ravener flanked the other whirlwind destroying it. Gaunts ran up charging but not killing a lot..(darn dice). A thrope downed a speeder. The other ravener charged a sq.

3rd/4th/5th turn: a lot of stuff got shot to pieces (1sq warriors and some other stuff).
I think I took out the vindicator here with my carni (or it could have been 4th turn). Spinegaunts took a wound from the libby. The lictor was busy finishing a sq and on the other flank stealers, gaunts and a ravener were busy mopping up the remaining sqs of marines.

I charged 2 speeders with 2 warriors..but they were slamming air and got shot in return. The Carni was shot to splatters by all the rending stuff and Hbolters.

In the end only 5 speeders survived and a whirlwind without weapons.
So the only thing was my problem taking out those speeders..I should have brought my walking tyrant..it could have taken a shot at those speeders (3 shots to be exactly). This make me renew my wish for a finished devilfex which could also have dealt with the speeders a bit easier 8x re-roll to hit 18'assault S6 weapons could have done the trick. Maybe I should have kept my tyrant in safer waters..but on the other hand it would have been shot down anyway. I should have finished the tank with my lictor..(instead of leaving it counting towards victory points)..not that it really mattered. My thropes should have concentrated on taking out the speeders whenever they could.

All in all I think I've done quite well against such an overkill.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Not bad.. Will probably get worse once the new DA codex comes out (man i swear that is one f*cked up codex now).


-eTAS

11 December 2006 at 07:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well..it takes all creativity out of an army..that's for sure.

11 December 2006 at 07:31  
Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hi::)very scientific
I am back.I will post a review about IFFK 2006 on Monday.Good day & nice weekend.

16 December 2006 at 08:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe yes..it's the obligatory 40K stuff I post on my blog :)

It is originally a 40K blog :)

I'll check your blog monday then!

16 December 2006 at 23:30  
Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hi :)
HAPPY CHRISTMAS

21 December 2006 at 12:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home