Saturday, May 07, 2011

A package from across the Atlantic

For some reason I can't exactly remember Arkonbey promised to make a drawing of something of my choosing. It took me a while to think of something but then I thought it would be cool if he made a drawing of Robot Chicken. For those who don't know who or what Robot Chicken is you could simply describe it as a series of sketches which parody popculture from the last 30 years featuring shows ranging from He-man or GI Joe till the Gummibears. It's just brilliant. The intro shows the Robot Chicken:


I'll always be a little bit jealous on people who can draw in this way since I can't draw for shit. But I'm happy to have these kind of things on my wall. Arkonbey ofcourse managed to make a brilliant piece:
robot chicken

Next to that he sent some candy along which tasted really nice:
Pure Maple Candy

Slightly comparable with the Dutch 'Stophoest' (stopcough) but different
It's made from Maple stuff from Maple trees. Overhere we've also got maple trees (Esdoorn) but wikipedia told me there are over 160 different kinds - I don't think we've got the same.

He also sent a cd of homemade music which is as cool as it gets and it's also quite good! Finally to top it off I got a pinhole camera which is basicly a photocamera without a lens and therefore is always in focus (according to the instructions). I'll definately have a go with it.

Oh and as a PS... it was all accompanied by a handwritten letter and how often do you still get these, really appreciated!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkonbey said...

Super happy you liked all the stuff!

History: You won the annual 5" x 5" ink drawing giveaway last Christmastime.

8 May 2011 at 18:34  
Blogger Arjan said...

Ah yeah hehe I could've found that...

I'll make a separate post about pronouncing my name (audio + ipa: international phonetic alphabet) although in my eyes it's not that different from the way you write it..

8 May 2011 at 22:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home