Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lowlands 2011 Day 3

Sunday
De Staat A bit of a strange Dutch funkrock band, but quite good when you get used to it.


The Roots Loved it.


Warpaint I heard I really missed out on Skunk Anansi, but this was wéll worth it!



Trophy Wife A shame I couldn't find any Lowlands live footage. I read a piece by a journalist who didn't like it too much, but I loved it enough to stick around untill I really 'needed' to leave for the next thing on my planning. So here's a vid from London Calling festival:
There's a link on the youtube description for the entire concert.

Interpol They've been standing on Dutch festivals as long as I visit them, but never saw them live. Not bad, but not stunning either.


The Offspring
I've seen them live in 2009 on Huntenpop and was really looking forward to seeing them again. No, they don't have many new tracks and yes they're getting a bit old, but did I or the rest of the crowd mind? Héll no.


I was in the moshpit a little to the left of the first pillar:

I'll check some other youtube video's later on to see if you can see me bouncing around :)

Bands I unfortunately didn't get to check due to double schedules or just being too tired: Agnes Obél, Trentemöller, Skrillex and Karnivool and probably some others.

Monday
Waking up around 9 am, we had plenty of time to pack stuff up. Our neighbours were nice enough to leave around 70 cans of beer and soda's and some really great campingchairs which we were more than happy to bring along. We finally left the camping around noon to get stuck in traffic leaving the 'parking lot' (grass fields..) for two hours or so and arriving home around 5pm.

Suffice to say, Lowlands was awesome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home