Monday, August 08, 2011

An ordinary keyboard

This is what a keyboard shóuld look like:
Keyboardafter1

Keyboardafter2
But as most people who've had the same keyboard for years know, this isn't what an ordinary keyboard looks like.

I was too ashamed to take a photo of my keyboard with the keys removed and uncleaned, but suffice to say you could feed a small country for a day with the contents. The problem is that I regulary have breakfast, lunch or dinner at my desk so I use the keyboard with dirty fingers or spill food on it etc. So..I took a picture where a series of keys haven't been put back yet and where some final cleaning was needed.
Keyboardalmostdone

And a photo of some of the keys to show how dirty separate keys were...
Keyboardkeys
To be fair, I've had the keyboard for about 8,5 years before I cleaned it this thoroughly. It takes a while to clean your keyboard but it feels like new now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Dat is bruto dude :P

14 August 2011 at 06:20  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

You think your keyboard was gross? I have a G4 Mac keyboard. It's got white keys and a clear top.

There's grit and cat hair under the clear top and even after cleaning some keys are still yellow.

Ew.

Yours looks spiffy now, though!

18 August 2011 at 05:28  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Lee, that it is (and was)

@ Arkonbey, I'm glad my keyboard isn't white. And cats..hmm they have a real tendency to sit down on keyboards don't they. At school we used to have these plastic coverings, haven't seen one in ages.

18 August 2011 at 09:43  
Blogger Confusion said...

Oh dear. At least the buttons haven't fallen off mine yet!

22 September 2011 at 10:11  
Blogger Arjan said...

they didn't fall off, I pulled them off to be able to clean the keyboard - which was way overdue.

22 September 2011 at 10:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home