Sunday, January 11, 2009

A recipe for 'pepernoten' / 'spicenuts'

First of all, I think I've said it before..but there's a difference between real pepernoten (peppernuts) and kruidnoten (spicenuts). Most people only eat kruidnoten but call them pepernoten nonetheless. This is a recipe for kruidnoten..which you guessed it..I always call pepernoten too. Confused already? Who cares, just eat them.

Ingredients:
- 200 grams self raising flour (this one's from a dictionary..so if it's wrong..ask)
- a little tip of salt (so really not much)
- 1,5 (eating)spoon of speculaas spices
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 80 grams soft (margarine)butter (not molten!) Just leave it outside the fridge for an hour or so)
- 3 (eating) spoons of milk

Preparation:
Put all ingredients in a bowl, doesn't really matter in what order you do it (yes it's that simple).
It'll look a bit like below:
mix1

mix2

mix3

mix4

Mold this to a single big ball like (I didn't use enough butter, so it'll probably look better when you do it):
ball

Let the ball rest for an hour. Now make small marble sized balls. Put them on a bakingplate with bakingpaper. Press them a bit so the bottom gets flattened a bit.
Pre-heat the oven at 175C and after that put the pepernoten in for 20 minutes:
baking

Take the plate with pepernoten out and let them cool down a bit, YUMMY!!!-time:
Finished

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

homnomnomnom!

byw, after my presentation I'll get a piece of text doen plu spics for my first guest post if it's okay.
I was thinking about the dread and something about our last game

12 January 2009 at 01:21  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh and don't be surprised if there's some ranting in there about my professor...

12 January 2009 at 01:22  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Oh, man! Recipes with a tutorial? How cool is that?

I'm sending my wife here. She is the baker (I just make soups). She's gonna be very happy, thanks!

12 January 2009 at 02:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm yum. I was going to try out this peppernut recipe today - http://kidsandknit.blogspot.com/2008/12/mennonite-christmas-must-have.html

Yours looks great to. I might have to have a peppernut cook off :D

12 January 2009 at 05:47  
Blogger Erica Henriette said...

hahahahhahah
nice shapes youve got there!

12 January 2009 at 08:02  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Erwin: just beep when you're ready. I need to make another 40K post soon too haha.

@ Arkonbey: soups are tasty too though :) Tell your wife she makes great paintings!! Really awesome.

@ Marita, yours look like actual peppernuts. I'll have to try out your recipe too sometime. We tend to bake them only around Sinterklaas (5th of december) but they're good every day of the year.

@ Erica, have a look at Marita's, their shape is faaar less crude than mine were haha. Although it's important that they're tasty.

12 January 2009 at 09:40  
Blogger Sweet Enemy said...

Arkonbey makes a good soup. As long as he has lentils, he's good to go...

Thanks for your kind comments about my art, too. I resolve to post more of it this year!

13 January 2009 at 03:33  
Blogger Terra Shield said...

Oh, looks good. I think I just got hungry. :)

13 January 2009 at 12:42  
Blogger Arjan said...

got me hungry again..seeing my post again..and that at 0.23 ..gotta catch some sleep.

14 January 2009 at 00:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home