Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Some strange sights

As some of you might know, I live in a flat. When I look out of my window, the first thing I see are steel bars that should prevent people from falling down when they walk on the man-wide ledge just in front of the window (made so you can clean your window etc).

Living in a city, we got pidgeons, lots of these flying rats like to poop, and I don't know if this is pidgeon poop, but this sure looks like bird poop to me, at the moment,stiffly frozen:
Poop

Another sight that I saw today (the poop's been there for a month..yeah I'm to lazy to scrape it off the bar) was a bit of a MAJOR crack in my shoe sole.
I've had these shoes since July, shortly before I went to Rome because after I sprained my ankle the docs ensured me I would need good shoes, so I got a pair. The right-footed shoe has since been repaired because the sole let loose a bit and it's holding up fine. The left-footed shoe was having the same problem lately, so I was ready to get it fixed today untill I saw this other problem:
Torn shoe
Yes, the entire sole's been torn across the width. I think I need a new one.

10 Comments:

Blogger Maarten said...

Haha! That will be a very cold trip to the shoeshop!

6 January 2009 at 16:11  
Blogger Arjan said...

thankfully I got some other shoes lying around, but they're bloody cold!

6 January 2009 at 17:12  
Blogger Maarten said...

Like... slipppers? :P

7 January 2009 at 09:08  
Blogger Arjan said...

just sneakers.

7 January 2009 at 09:42  
Blogger Nicole said...

Did the sole freeze on the shoe and snap?

7 January 2009 at 13:36  
Blogger Arjan said...

to be honest, I really don't know. It could be, because it's been freezing cold here the last couple of days. It's quite a deep kinda clean tear.

7 January 2009 at 13:47  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

You just need the European version of this stuff

7 January 2009 at 22:09  
Blogger Arjan said...

that stuff looks very nifty. I'll have a look around..maybe my shoe is still salvagable.

7 January 2009 at 23:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say you might need two new shoes.. (unless they sell just one shoe at the time at the shops where you live?!) ;)

8 January 2009 at 10:38  
Blogger Arjan said...

you wear 2 shoes at a time..I don't got money for that ;)
But yes, I guess so ey haha.

10 January 2009 at 22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home