Sunday, January 25, 2009

Animal farm..or something

I've been taking care of the animals of my uncle & aunt *and their house* for the last week and because especially the youngest cat is an incredible attention whore..I didn't want to hold back some photo's.
There are 3 cats, but one of them is so incredibly shy, I didn't get to take a pic yet.

This red one is a bundle of joy, energy, stupidity..oh and claws if he feels like it.
And he tends to sleep alot on my shoulders.
kat3

I've caught this one bumping into a wall, but I guess she grew tired of it. Next to that she can be a bit grumpy.
kat1

Oh and they've got chickens who bring me eggs :), well I've got to fetch em.
kippen

They've also got a bunch of fish, but I haven't taken a pic of them. I really should because there's a pirate fish..he's got only one eye ;)

Oh and check out this other rare animal, the Bulgarian Seahamster, that a friend and me sighted somewhere in Bulgaria *or so we'll make you believe*. The text is in Dutch so for the foreigners who suck at Dutch, just enjoy the paint images..erm..photo's, I said photo's!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bulgarian seahamster... right.

Maybe you and AM should be sighting more painted gaunts and CSM?

Even I'm fixing my d00ds for 5th edition in the small half hour braeks. (combiweapons woohah!)

26 January 2009 at 08:47  
Blogger Arjan said...

hush..non-believer ;)

I'm a week at world's end remember..didn't bring anything with me.

but yes..painted gaunts and stealers sound nice.

26 January 2009 at 09:13  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

I like shoulder-sleeper cats. One cat my wife and I house-sat for would drape over my shoulders like a stole and I'd just walk her around.

And CHICKENS! Man, I want chickens. We have to wait until we can afford a good, solid coop (living rural, we hear coyotes all the time).

My farmer neighbor sells his eggs from a refrigerator mounted to the side of his barn. You pay by just putting money into a jar inside the fridge. How cool is that?

26 January 2009 at 20:56  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Arkonbey:
éxactly like that, shrugging around. The irritating fact about it is that you're just walking around, minding your business and out of nowhere this red cat jumps (from a chair, from a cupboard or wherever) on my arm/shoulder and nails its way up. Scared the crap out of me a couple of times.

Hmm coyotes..don't got those overhere. I wóuld like it if I could buy fresh eggs regulary, but then again my grandpa has lots and lots of chickens so now and then I get a box full (the chickens you see on the pic were his too).
I've seen this way of selling stuff in Austria with newspapers, I live in a city..wouldn't work :(

27 January 2009 at 02:39  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

getting jumped by a cat makes life more exciting!

I wonder what the European version of a coyote would be. Maybe I should have made it easier and mentioned the foxes we have running through our yard ;)

And sometimes fresh eggs are better than never fresh eggs?

27 January 2009 at 15:26  
Blogger Arjan said...

as long as the cat doesn't mug me haha.

well there's a difference between a coyote and a fox isn't there *..too lazy for google here*. We've got foxes overhere too, plenty of foxes.

27 January 2009 at 17:03  
Blogger Sweet Enemy said...

That cat Arkonbey mentioned also liked to play hide-and-seek (with running & chasing) when she was young. Most entertaining house-sitting ever!

29 January 2009 at 02:47  
Blogger Arjan said...

this cat mainly played chase with whatever was on the ground, pingpong balls or ballpen's.

1 February 2009 at 12:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home