Thursday, January 15, 2009

Photo's in my room

During the christmas holidays my dad helped me putting up this:
Fotolijst
At first I only had 2 cables and 2 hooks on which to hang stuff, today I bought some more. Stupid thing is, I forgot I had just one more photo left, so I think I'll have to visit the local DIY store again soon. Oh and I need to get them hanging erm...not crooked but straight.

And because I'm too lazy to make 2 posts of it (even if it's been ages ago). Last summer we visited a museum in Assen (about 35 km south of Groningen) where they had an exhibition with the Chinese Terracotta army. Stupidest thing was, I didn't load my battery before going, and my dad thought..oh well, he's bringing his cam so I'll leave mine at home. These are two of the seven photo's I took there before my cam really shut down:
Chinese artifact

Chinese terracotta warriors

10 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

When Kerry and I went to china a few years ago we saw the terracotta army in it's original tomb. It was very impressive.

15 January 2009 at 18:43  
Blogger Maarten said...

Ah, it looks very nice (the photorail). First one that gets 40+ on his wall wins! :P

15 January 2009 at 19:29  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Dan: they had a sort of animated 3d film of how the tomb was situated etc, impressive, even when the animation was horribly sloppy.
It's on my list when I go to China (sometime..yeaaaars from now probably haha).

@ Maarten: hmm there are 11 now. that means I need 29 more, it's a fortune but it won't leave any more holes in the wall. Hmm probably won't reach it as fast as you. But quality over quantity ey :P

15 January 2009 at 19:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a camera that doesn't display the battery level very intuitively which means that a couple of times I've been caught out somewhere with a flat battery (of course it goes without saying that I could always read the manual and find out what all the icons on the screen mean).

But at least you got a couple of shots off first!

I don't know if they've displayed the terracotta army here in Australia (I vaguely remember something maybe a couple of years but obviously I didn't go).

16 January 2009 at 01:11  
Blogger Arjan said...

I think mine has 'full', half empty, 1/4 empty..and beep it's gone (there's a black bar that shows this).

stupid thing is, reloading doesn't take more than 1 - 1,5h.

16 January 2009 at 09:34  
Blogger Sam said...

I saw the Terracotta warriors with Dan too. I would highly recommend it!

18 January 2009 at 18:19  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

1) I really wonder what they feel like, for some reason
2) I look at them a bit differently since Pratchett's "Interesting Times"

19 January 2009 at 22:11  
Blogger Arjan said...

I wondered too..but well as with most things in musea that are ancient the rule is: you touchy you die! ;)

20 January 2009 at 10:36  
Blogger Maarten said...

What about a pic of you eating IKEA breakfast? XD

24 January 2009 at 01:23  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Maarten, yes, it's long overdue!

24 January 2009 at 10:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home