Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mr Carnifex

I've had this model for over 2 years but I kept postponing it because I wanted to magnetize it and didn't take the time to find out where to get decent magnets.
Since I dó have magnets now which you know I've already tried out at another model, I finally restarted painting/building the Carnifex.

Carnifex Parts
I wasn't satisfied with the way I started painting it so I did all the red on the legs and tail again and will re-do it on the rest of the model.

Next to having trouble getting started with the model itself, I decided I needed a cool scenic base to go with it. And last year I stumbled upon this base:
Base

It's made by a small company in Poland and it didn't cost me more than somewhere between the 3-5€. There was some kind of knight-corpse on the base which I turned *I put down a holstered eldar gun on top of where his sword was* into an eldar ala Iyanden because they're one of the opponents which were struck hard by Kraken *sorry..that is just 40K talk*. The base isn't finished completely though.

I'll try and get some decent work done next weekend and I'll see how fast it can be finished. It's a lot of work though, magnetizing all configurations (different weapon-arms).

8 Comments:

Blogger Arkonbey said...

is the carnifex plastic or lead?

23 April 2009 at 19:26  
Blogger Arjan said...

plastic :) I got neodymium magnets with a 2x3mm size (diameter x hight).
The metal they use for some models is pewter though, not lead (lead being poisonous and all).

The old carnifex wás from pewter though except for the arms, now every part is plastic. Which makes converting ánd magnetizing far easier.

23 April 2009 at 22:48  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Plus with plastic the molding is a lot better.

24 April 2009 at 00:37  
Blogger Dan said...

magnets eh? whatever next. I assume they are so you can swop arms/weapons?

24 April 2009 at 10:33  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Arkonbey: jup

@ Dan: jup

hehe lazy replying.

24 April 2009 at 13:36  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I bet you have seen this before, but just to be certain:

http://ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2008/06/road-to-hell.htm

30 April 2009 at 16:20  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ R2K: yes, I think I did, but it never gets old. One hell of an awesome accomplishment.

30 April 2009 at 23:56  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

I remember that! that is easily the most awesome WH40K thing ever built.

I miss IPMS Stockholm. They haven't updated since Xmas...

3 May 2009 at 03:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home