Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yes-man!



I went to see this yesterday in the cinema with mixed feelings. I don't háte Jim Carrey, but most of his movies make me walk away half-way through. Sometimes he just gets too over the top annoying to a point where I can't take it anymore. But there's always a lot of laughing to be had. But Yes-man surprised me in a positive way. I really laughed a lot and Carrey seems to have found a middle way in doing some really crazy stuff without being over the top annoying.

There's the occasional pulling of strange faces and of making strange noises, but not too much, just right. Me and my brother walked out of the cinema with a feeling that we'll be yes-men, when we want to.
All in all a great movie!

*no trailer added because youtube decided to be down and out atm.

12 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You are braver than I am. The only thing I could ever watch was Ace Ventura... and it stopped there.

14 February 2009 at 14:54  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Bleh, still not a big fan of Jim Carrey... At least not any of his non serious roles...


-eTAS

14 February 2009 at 17:36  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

feel the same way about Carrey (remember Lisa Simpson saying "Jim Carrey can make you laugh with just a spastic flailing of his limbs).

he was perfectly cast as Count Olaf, though.

15 February 2009 at 04:29  
Blogger Arjan said...

I will (have to) decide per movie again I think.

15 February 2009 at 15:50  
Blogger I talk too much too said...

What's next, "No-man"?

Funny movie, if you can look past Jim's past roles.

16 February 2009 at 12:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just haven't gotten around to watching this yet. I'm kind of like that with Carrey films, he hasn't done anything since Spotless Mind that has really moved me past a tv movie on a sunday afternoon

16 February 2009 at 12:56  
Blogger Arjan said...

'no-man' is what people start out with, the whole thing was that Carrey wás a No-man and he 'had' to be turned into a yes-man.

@ Lee: I found it was worth my 6,5€ on a chilly friday evening :P

16 February 2009 at 13:31  
Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

you still spend money on movies? ;)



-eTAS

18 February 2009 at 14:48  
Blogger Arjan said...

apparently yes, I'm living in the previous millenium ;)

Now and then I like to visit the cinema with friends. Next to that I only got a 17" pc screen or a somewhat bigger tv..hard to compete.

18 February 2009 at 15:08  
Blogger Maarten said...

Hmm. I heard it was good. I'll see if I can see it :)

20 February 2009 at 13:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL just saw it and hated it!

22 February 2009 at 00:42  
Blogger Arjan said...

well..at least now you know :P

22 February 2009 at 13:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home