Sunday, February 08, 2009

Returning to Warpshadow

*just a short warning: 40K rambling, no pics ;)*

I think I've played around a game of 5-6 in 5th edition yet but with no tyranid players around to discuss what really changed..my list stayed fairly the same except for some minor changes which kept bugging me. It left me with a feeling that my list just wasn't right, some parts just being a random filler towards 1500pts.

With that in mind I thought..hey..why not return to the Warpshadow boards.
So I did, it turns out that I haven't been there for at léast 3 years. I kinda left because it took up too much of my time and of course there were always beautiful creations and tips & tricks..but it was one of many internet thingies.

But on friday night I decided to return and even found a small part of my gallery was still around (although being rightfully purged a bit). Warpshadow was still there and it's still great. I've been reading up on 5th ed tactics *and list building* and learned a lot. It feels kinda stupid I didn't think of some changes like the removal of victory points or the fact units can now score even if they're below half strength. Which basically means Without Number is AWESOME now. So I'll give that a shot at least. Next to that I finally got around to get magnets..I'm still waiting for the price info, but after that I'll definitely buy some and build my magnetofex which has been lying, waiting for me to buy magnets.

All in all: without number will be featured in my lists and so will a Devilfex, at least for extensive testing. How can there be anything wrong with a cheap 4 s6 shots.
I'll gonna have to start making my new armylist from scratch..without prejudice and without the thought of 'oh but I've used that unit like forever..I should still feature it'. I'm not for powergaming, but 5th ed forces me to change up my game if I want to keep up.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yay! 'Nid Love!


-eTAS

9 February 2009 at 09:49  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Heh. It's like my auto mechanic talking to me for two hours about World of Warcraft. Only not so long ;)

The closet I got to WH was buying a set of Space Marines in '87 and borrowing a bunch of Gaunt's Ghosts novels from a friend.

10 February 2009 at 16:35  
Blogger Arjan said...

you díd read all those Gaunt's ghost novels I hope..because they ROCK!!! I borrowed them from a friend but will be buying them myself slowly.

10 February 2009 at 16:39  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

I did read them and enjoyed them. They had Red Shirt Syndrome big time, but I was surprised and impressed that they killed off some very like-able main characters.

They reminded me of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe's' series, only in the future in space rather than the 19th century in Spain and Portugal...

10 February 2009 at 22:51  
Blogger Arjan said...

the fact they were able to kill of likable main characters was one of the things that made it good to me. You really had the 'wtf, no ..he/she just can't be dead!!' feeling.

I guess I now have to search for Cornwell.

11 February 2009 at 07:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home