Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4th ed Genestealers + tripod!

In January I took care of the cats and chickens at my uncle & aunt and in return I got this tripod!:
Cullman2904
I didn't get it until last sunday because I hadn't seen them since January. The tripod, a Cullmann 2904 is old (at least 20 years), but it's in an as good as new state and it's just plain awesome. It also has an extra add-on (not on the photo) where you can attach an external flash or if you're just messing around, a second camera ;)

But on topic. I had plans to magnetize some models for ages, but I've been looking for a Dutch company who sold rare-earth (neodymium) magnets which were small enough and not too expensive and last year I found it and last mónth I ordered about 50 small ones. The simple thing with magnets is..you need to make sure you don't glue them before checking a gazillion times that you messed up the polarities (that is..glueing it the wrong side around!).
Of course I did...being a bit frustrated I immediately prepared a new head and found out that 2 heads will have you end up with this ;):


Unfinished front
4thed Mutantstealer_1
Unfinished back
4thed Mutantstealer_2

Front again
4thed Mutantstealer_3
Finished mutant
4thed Stealer magnet fail

4thed Mutantstealer_4
The possibilities
4thed Stealer possibilities

The decent version:
4thed Genestealer_1

4thed Genestealer_2

4thed Genestealer_3

4thed Genestealer_4

What I learned during the magnetizing progress: don't mess up the sides of the magnets...códe the magnets: just paint the side that's going to act as the magnet, this way it álmost can't go wrong. Oh and stuck is stuck with superglue..damnit. That's why it's wiser to stick the 2nd magnet to the first magnet, put glue on the backside, make sure it fits into the 2nd part like a glove and you're a happy camper.
Oh and I messed around with the tripod and the countdown setting on my cam for this horrible shot:
Ik_14-04-09

*I'm a bit rusty in my html..so if anybody can give me a decent code to get the 6 small pics in a table where there aren't more than 2 next to each other, it'll be greatly appreciated*

9 Comments:

Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yay Stealer!! :D

Looking good! And yeah, magnet use, although interesting, isn't without it's problems. Usually what i do is try to draw a dot on the two sides that are to connect with each other so i know which side gets and doesn't get glued.

-eTAS

14 April 2009 at 18:35  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

I dig the little veins. The odd colors suggest inhuman blood.

Is this a playing piece or are you going to do the base?

HTML: How much do you know? You could put a two-column table within the div or put a float:left and float:right styles in the img tags.

15 April 2009 at 00:53  
Blogger DEEPAK GOPY said...

Hi Aryan
That tripod dont look like a 20 year old one.If you see one we are using you may say that it was made in 2000 B.C :):)
How are you?
Thanks for dropping in my blog.I will be posting like that stuff soon

15 April 2009 at 17:43  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Tas: thanks. Yeah that's my idea to..code he magnets.

@ Arkonbey: it ís a playing piece, but I will do a bit of basing but not to extensive though. Although sometimes I like a blank base too, GW is a bit obsessed with forcing people to base models when playing a tournament, bunch of sobs.

I think I might just start a new table to keep it simple..maybe I'll fix it tomorrow or on saturday hehe.
I didn't put a div in there..I just made a basic table with tr's and td's. I tried to just add a max width..but blogger wouldn't budge.

16 April 2009 at 21:11  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Deepak: exactly, it looks like new! On the other hand, it doesn't really make a difference how it looks, as long as it works.

I've put a feed on your new blog so I'll be up to date.

16 April 2009 at 21:12  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Hmm. I looked at the source again. Perhaps try putting the table in a div, giving the div a fixed width and floating it left?

basing a playing piece would seem a waste of time, as the potential for damage is great.

16 April 2009 at 21:55  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Nice tripod : )

18 April 2009 at 16:08  
Blogger Maarten said...

Nice pod ;)

18 April 2009 at 18:46  
Blogger Arjan said...

meh the post is low enough not to bother anymore haha.

@ Alex & Maarten: thanks.

20 April 2009 at 18:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home