Saturday, April 04, 2009

Autorai 2009 (If I had a billion dollars)

So I went to the Amsterdam 'Auto(car)Rai' 2009 yesterday. They used to (it was my first time, but so they said..) put the cars from one brand in one spot so you could visit all Audi's, Volkswagens, Rolls's etc in one place. They changed it this year. What they did is they divided the cars into segments like Family cars, Eco-cars, supercars etc. In essence it's a good idea, but well..sometimes I had my doubts about putting certain cars in certain segments.

Putting a BMW 7 series in the family segment is a bit much. I actually got driven *my boss's car* in one to the Rai and, yes you could fit a small family in there. It has seatbelts for 5 but to be honest you only want to travel with 4 people if you're all adults (the midseat isn't that compfy). Other than that it's an awesome car though!!!

On to the oooh's and aah's.
We saw this car in the garage, apparently they drove all the way from Monaco!
Photobucket
This one looked like a bit of a pimp car, but in a cool way:
Photobucket
I think it was Burton who built this 'original' Donald Duck car:
Photobucket
Photobucket
There were some very very cool concept cars, especially the rims were awesome:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm afraid that there were so many people I didn't get a good change to take the wheel-picture very well, so it's a bit blurry..
Next to cars, there were also all kinds of motorbikes *yay Harley*
Photobucket
Mazda had a car which just says: COOL!
Photobucket
There were some oldtimers
Photobucket
Maybach was there, and I was in it haha:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Unfortunately I don't have 600K under my pillow to spend *or at all for that matter*.
The veal-leather was really really compfy though! I didn't really like the shiny wood for the gears, but's that's just my sense of taste I guess.

Bugatti was also on the show:
Photobucket
They let me (as you could see) sit in the Maybach, but they dídn't let us sit in any of the Rolls's which we found a bit stupid. But who wants one of these? Ok so they're awesome. But it's really like they're built cars on a scale of atleast 2:1!
These ships are 6 meters long and at least 2,5-3 wide! You would need 4 parking spaces. You can't drive in half of the streets in the Netherlands because they're..well just to narrow and you probably wouldn't be able to make the corners:
Photobucket
Ferrari was there too:
Photobucket
As was Morgan:
Photobucket
And the Dutch Solar car from the university of Delft (the Dutch cars have won many of the solar car races) including those in Australia :)
Photobucket
*of course I took more photo's, but that whould make this to big of an entry, chech them out here.
The lighting in the Rai was very bright which sometimes made taking photo's a bit difficult, next to that the amount of people also wanting to have a glance or a photo made the photo taking a bit hasty which sometimes resulted in too dark or darnit..even somewhat blurry pics..and that with my eos 400d.. but at least I had a great day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Arkonbey said...

ooo, that Bugatti and that Morgan! Sweetness! I love the art-deco style stuff.

I also sort of liked the raised 'graphics' on the Mazda. Swirly things painted on the side of cars just says 1980's to me.

Also not sold on the boat propeller wheels on that concept car. It's a bit silly.

6 April 2009 at 15:24  
Anonymous Kevin Spencer said...

Wow, amazing photos. I would have loved to have gone to that show.

10 April 2009 at 19:12  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ Arkonbey: yeah really sweet indeed!
I did like the bit of sillyness a bit, didn't like the rest of the car though.

@ Kevin: you could have booked a flight and got here today (april 11th) because today's the last day :P
It was my first time, but I think I'll be back another time.

11 April 2009 at 15:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool cars! I like the rims that look like fan blades on that one car.

25 April 2009 at 06:42  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

These cars are crazy.

26 April 2009 at 14:13  
Blogger Arjan said...

@Stillnoscript: ah good to see that there's someone with me on the van blades :P

@R2K: beyond crazy even.

26 April 2009 at 22:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home