Monday, September 28, 2009

Dutch movies (top 10) pt 2: Blackbook

I watched Zwartboek (Blackbook) today. As said before I'm not planning on making a real ranked list but seeing this movie I do want to place it in the list.



In (very) short: the movie is about the resistance in the Netherlands (Holland..whatever Dan..) and about the Germans taking away & killing Jews. I could extend the synopsis, but you just have to believe me here that it's darn worth watching.

The movie is spoken is mainly spoken in Dutch, but when needed in German and English which is personally already a testament of quality. The version I got was subtitled when it wasn't spoken in English and it even mentioned when German was spoken (eg. (Geman) Thank you).

8 Comments:

Blogger jjdaddyo said...

And, as I have already pointed out, this movie has Carice van Houten, who is a smoking hot stroopwafel of Dutch womanhood.

28 September 2009 at 22:15  
Blogger Dan said...

Fascinating stuff. thanks Arjan, I'm getting a real education here.

But what I really want to know is how JJ Daddy-O seems to be as knowledgeable about Hollandish culture (I think you'll find that's the correct way of describe you Netherlandese) as he is about British?

29 September 2009 at 00:46  
Blogger Arjan said...

@ JJ: yes she is smoking hot.

@ Dan: yes..and I also want to know where he picks up those Dutch words. Stroopwafels are real tasty indeed.

29 September 2009 at 00:54  
Blogger jjdaddyo said...

I am from New York City (although currently in the South), where we either have all cultures or no culture, take your pick.
We do, however, have Belgian Wafel Vans:
http://www.wafelsanddinges.com/ Mmmmm...
(yeah, yeah, I know they're Belgian and not Dutch, but close enough)

1 October 2009 at 15:15  
Blogger Arjan said...

those wafels make me hungry. Be sure to picks some up with hot cherries and icecream on top when you get the chance..*drool!*

There just múst be a 'poffertjes' van somewhere in NYC.

1 October 2009 at 23:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome movie...Good review...i really like the movie..I watch black book movie from this website...

29 October 2009 at 14:01  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like ur profile
good movies

12 February 2010 at 23:50  
Blogger Arjan said...

thanks for hopping by.
I haven't updated in a while..but I'm coming back. I've got plenty to post about..just need to find some time..

13 February 2010 at 00:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home