Friday, September 25, 2009

Stuff people throw out of the window pt 3?

I'm not sure if it's part 3, but it doesn't matter really, it could just as well be part 25 to me.

As some might know, I live in a flat filled with about 80-90% students or people who just finished their studies. The rest are a strange collection of young families and elderly people. The thing with students (yeah I know I'm one too) is that some think that because they are students they can thrash stuff and throw it out of the window and leave it there to rot just because no-one cares..
I care as much as far as to the point that it irritates me when someone throws a pc out of their window at 3AM or something or chairs or whatever. It wakes me up and instead of just throwing it away with the garbage it lies there waiting for someone (the flatowners possibly) to send a clean-up crew and take it away.

What it's all about:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The guy in the lawnmower was happy to shred some stuff like the pillow and the keyboard.

7 Comments:

Blogger I talk too much too said...

Het is toch te sneu voor woorden, dit soort acties. Geen wonder hoe studenten aan hun stereo-type komen!
Suggestie: betrappen die handel, opschrijven, boete + laten opruimen, nog een keer is uitzetting. Eikels.

P.S: Who the F flikkert er ook een kussen naar buiten...

25 September 2009 at 17:24  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Yup.

How many of kids like that wonder why adults don't take them more seriously and give them more responsibility ;)

I live near a (high tuition) college town and the students seem to be mostly rich kids think the town should cater to their every whim and forgive every sin.

However, when they leave for the year, they often put things they don't want on the sidewalk. Things like new snowboards, stereos that work great but aren't cool anymore and other things that us not-rich folks snap up and use happily!

25 September 2009 at 17:29  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

Also, I tried to translate I Talk Too Much's comment and BabelFish apparently really dislikes Dutch ;)

25 September 2009 at 17:31  
Blogger Arjan said...

it comes down to that he thinks it's beyond sad and that it's no wonder how students get stereotyped.
He suggests to get them caught red handed and make sure they get fined and clean the stuff up.

finally he wonders who the f tosses out pillows.

*babelfish Arjan out :P*

26 September 2009 at 08:10  
Blogger Nicole said...

Ohmygod!!! You know, I lived in the Amsterdam wijk 'Bijlmer' for 10 months once, and I thought that kind of shit only happened there! People are such idiots!

On another note: I'll be in Amsterdam October 14th and 15th. If you happen to be in town Wednesday 14th, Vincent and I will be in Mulligan's Irish bar (Amstel 100) in the evening with friends... feel free to drop in. I know there's not much of a chance because you live further away, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

26 September 2009 at 11:13  
Blogger Arjan said...

I'll check to see if I'm able to be in Amsterdam..but I'm not sure, quite the busy week that one..

I'll let you know.

26 September 2009 at 18:34  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

What a bunch of junk out there...

5 October 2009 at 15:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home