I've had this baking form since december but haven't used it till now.Ingredients:
- 250 grams flour
- 225 grams margarine butter
- 150 grams brown sugar (basterd sugar..)
- a tip of salt
- 1 eating spoon of milk Instructions:
1) Grease the form with butter. This special form has a part which you can rotate under the cake to loosen it in the end btw.
2) pre-heat the oven on 220C (on my gas oven that's a setting to #5)
3) Put all (except the milk!) of the ingredients in a bowl.
You cán use 'roomboter', but I prefer normal margarine (baking butter):
4) Take two knives and dual-wield cut the butter to pieces, just chop around.
It should end up looking a bit like this:
5) Wash your hands with cold water, this way the dough won't stick so much to your hands in the next step.
6) Make a ball of the ingredients
*didn't make a pic of this)
7) Press the ball into the form, equally dividing it.
8) Take a spoon of milk and flatten the dough so it extends to all the edges.
9) Put the cake into the oven for 30 minutes
10) Take the cake out and flatten it again with a spoon (without milk this time) from the center outwards.
11) Let it cool down for a minute or 10
12) Slide the iron thingie around under the cake so it's loose
13) Here comes the irritating part, I didn't have good roster so I freestyled on this one.. Now that its loose get it out on a roster (with not too much space between the bars in the roster or it will sink through) and let it cool down further for at least a min or 15.
If you don't have a roster like me...use a flat plank and be sure to turn it upside down (be sure to don't just throw it out..support it with the plank or plate or whatever entirely) after 5-10 minutes so the bottom can dry a bit and flip it bottomside down again after that. Let it cool down a bit more.
Finally: NOM NOM NOM-> delicious. Cut it just like pie :)
I had some yesterday, writing this post makes me run for another piece!